Our Dynamic client located downtown is looking for an Administrative Associate on a temporary basis.
Working primarily independently under limited supervision, performs advanced and highly complex administrative/clerical functions including: creating and maintaining excel spreadsheet files, data requests and reporting, word processing or typing letters, memoranda and forms, orders supplies, maintains files, answers telephones, schedules appointments/ conferences, makes travel arrangements, receives visitors, and sorts mail.
- Plans or schedules own work, ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Coordinates and/or takes lead responsibility on special projects requiring advanced skills.
- May provide work direction for clerical group; may review work of others; may train others.
- Uses business applications software, and peripheral equipment (e.g., complex databases, advanced presentation graphics, detailed spreadsheets using original formulas, operates fax machines, copy machines, etc.).
- Composes correspondence and reports for supervisor’s signature.
- Researches, abstracts and compiles information and data for analyses.
- Reviews written material for accuracy and completeness; checks calculations for accuracy; reconciles report data; maintains complex accounting ledgers, petty cash funds, inventory, etc.
- May process time sheets, payroll, cashiering, budget, expense accounts and other financial records, etc.
- Follows established safety procedures.
- Performs various other equivalent and lower-grade functions.
- 5+ years administrative experience.
- Qualified typist (50 wpm).
- Demonstrated knowledge of business application software including spreadsheets, databases and word processing.
- Ability to handle multiple activities/projects and their deadlines.
- Must possess intermediate math skills and be able to operate a calculator.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
- High school diploma.