Chief Financial Officer - CFO - Durham, North Carolina
Lead the finance and accounting team as the CFO of an up and coming FinTech company with tremendous growth potential. The CFO will interact with senior management, the Board, investors and the investment community. You be responsible for the accuracy of company’s financial reports, oversee and review monthly accounting, enhance process, and ensure overall GAAP and SEC compliance as well as internal controls.
- Provide executive leadership to the company from a finance and accounting perspective. Review financial reports with Board of Directors.
- Prepare and submit accurate SEC reports on a timely basis (10-K’s, 10-Q’s, 8-K’s, Proxys, etc...)
- Manage banking relationships, treasury, risk management, and audit relationship.
- Provide technical accounting expertise and guidance to ensure adherence to GAAP including topics such as Revenue Recognition, Leasing, Derivatives, and international issues.
- Maintain and enhance Internal Controls to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
- Develop policies, procedures and systems to support a rapidly growing organization
- Ensure the accuracy and productivity of accounting operations on a monthly and daily basis.
- Oversee the preparation and review of budgets and forecasts.
- Administer company stock plans.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have the requisite experience along with an entrepreneurial mindset and interest in taking a public startup to the next level.
- CPA with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. Masters in Accounting or Tax and/or MBA preferred.
- 12+ years of progressive accounting experience including Big 4 experience at the Manager level.
- 5+ years of experience working with global SEC clients/companies where strong technical accounting skills are required.
- Proven track record of success including experience with financial controls in a high growth environment including SOX requirements.
- Experience working in/with international accounting issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence people in positive ways.
- Strong system skills.