Are you an entrepreneurial and experienced accounting professional looking for an opportunity to apply your strengths and grow in a high-level role? Is work-life balance important to you? Then look no further! A publicly-traded biotech company is looking for an experienced and proactive Controller to join their team. In this position, you will take lead in managing essential accounting procedures as well as streamlining SEC financial reporting. As the company is continuing to grow, the responsibilities of this role will expand as well, including hiring and training new professionals in the department.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems supporting the financial reporting requirements.
- Develop financial reports, manage month-end close processes, reconciliations, GL, and budget-to-actual fluctuations.
- Take lead in managing and streamlining all aspects to quarterly and annual SEC reporting.
- Develop and maintain policies to ensure accurate accounting, financial reporting and reliable internal controls; ensure financial integrity through strong controls.
- Manage AP/AR, Payroll, GL, Cash and financial reporting functions
- Manage stock options
- Manage fixed asset allocation
- Advise senior management regarding financial objectives and fiscal policies of the Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience
- Healthcare/biotech industry preferred but not required
- Extensive experience with SEC financial reporting
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Strong knowledge of accounting cycle and procedures in accordance with GAAP
- Ability to work and thrive within a small entrepreneurial team
- Advanced Excel skills and MS Access
For consideration, please send resume to Mariam Manukyan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.