Director of Technical Accounting - Tech - San Diego
Join a public tech company here in sunny San Diego with a unique culture, high-tech campus, and dynamic work-flow and environment. We are looking for a self-starter to join the team who has experience with various technical accounting subjects and a desire to lead a team in implementations of global technical accounting policies. A CPA and significant public accounting experience working on complex transactions are required for this role.
- Research technical accounting issues and provide guidance to business leaders as to the appropriate accounting for complex transactions
- Manage multiple complex and time-sensitive GAAP and SEC oriented accounting projects
- Provide guidance to teams and leadership based on research of various technical accounting standards related to M&A, revenue recognition, international accounting, and other areas
- Work cross-functionally with different departments to help ensure GAAP compliance for various contracts, multi-layered revenue streams and M&A related issues
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field and a CPA required
- Advanced degree and Manager plus status in public accounting experience (Big4 preferred) preferred
- Full understanding of GAAP accounting related to new lease and revenue recognition pronouncements as well as exposure to other areas such as fair value, purchase accounting, VIE’s and other topics
- Supervisory experience with a desire to lead a team
- Excellent communication and written skills with a propensity to collaborate while driving your own success and the success of your team
Please send your resume to Ash Golzio at email@example.com if you have the requisite experience and are interested in joining this dynamic company.