We are looking for a hands-on Controller to lead and mentor an accounting team of 10+ employees for a progressive Investment Management Company in the LA area. The Controller will spearhead all functions related to Investment Accounting and will help to mentor the team.
- Oversee the Accounting function for various investments including preferred equity, operating real estate, single-loans, loan portfolios, etc.
- Review assumptions included in accretion calculations and adjust as needed
- Help to improve monthly financial close process to ensure accurate and timely reporting and analysis
- Maintain internal controls to ensure SOX compliance
- Mentor the accounting team to promote professional development and ensure adherence to accounting procedures
- Effectively work and communicate with different departments to support budgeting/forecasting, regulatory reporting, lender reporting, and other matters
- Partake in review and oversight of the annual budget process and update forecasts on an as needed basis
- Review monthly accrual calculations, partnership agreements, consolidation/elimination entries, treatment of specific accounting transactions, monthly and quarterly reporting, cash projections, etc.
- Provide ad hoc reporting to management
To Be Considered
- 8+ years’ experience in Big4/Top10 and industry experience
- CPA required
- Experience within Financial Services, Real Estate, Private Equity or Investment Management is a MUST!!
Please send your resume to email@example.com or give me a call at 310-933-4525, to be considered.