We’re working with a global Entertainment and Technology company in LA in their hunt for an amazing Manager of Technical Accounting! The company is a leader in their industry and has cultivated a culture of hard work and growth opportunity, combined with plenty of collaboration and fun.
This is the perfect role for someone who loves to research, understand, and implement new accounting pronouncements and wants to do all of that in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Perform technical research on and document the effects of new accounting pronouncements on current accounting policy.
- Ensure that proper accounting treatment is applied for all transactions, including M&A, in accordance with US GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Write technical memos to communicate changes in accounting requirements to organization.
- Evaluate, establish, and update current policies in areas including but not limited to:
- Revenue recognition
- Lease accounting
- System implementations
- Stock based compensation
- Business combinations and divestitures
- Assist corporate accounting and financial reporting teams with day-to-day and specialized accounting projects.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Related field.
- 5 - 7 years of experience, with Big 4 public accounting highly preferred.
- CPA required.
- Strong work experience with technical accounting & research, including ASC 606 standard and software revenue recognition.
- Prior management experience.
- Entertainment, Technology, or Media industry experience preferred.
Please send your resume to email@example.com if you’re interested in the role above and have the skills to be successful in this kind of a position. Thanks.